Home Open Account Help 305 users online

Nostalgia & History > Meet at Argyle, Iowa.

Date: 09/12/21 07:11
Meet at Argyle, Iowa.
Author: hank

An eastbound Santa Fe manifest meets a westbound intermodal at Argyle, Iowa in summer 1996.  Location is MP 246 (from Chicago) on the Marceline sub.

Thanks for viewing.  

Ron Hirsch
Springfield, Mo.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 09/12/21 09:45
Re: Meet at Argyle, Iowa.
Author: ntharalson

Nice one, thanks for posting.  For those not aware, the "town" of Argyle is about a mile and a half west of this spot, although this is Argyle on the BNSF.  With the construction of the "Avenue of the Saints" bypassing the town, the solde business has died.  While the bridge is still there, the cantilever signal bridges and searchlight signals are long gone.  Spent many an hour at this spot.

Nick Tharalson,
Marion, IA

Date: 09/12/21 12:16
Author: gonx

Neat video of a meet

Date: 09/15/21 18:09
Author: jst3751

Nice shot of some Western Intermodel Inc and CMI Logistics 20' flat rack steel containers on that intermodel train.

Date: 09/18/21 08:29
Author: RI_SD40-2_4790

ntharalson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice one, thanks for posting.  For those not
> aware, the "town" of Argyle is about a mile and a
> half west of this spot, although this is Argyle on
> the BNSF.  With the construction of the "Avenue
> of the Saints" bypassing the town, the solde
> business has died.  While the bridge is still
> there, the cantilever signal bridges and
> searchlight signals are long gone.  Spent many an
> hour at this spot.
>
> Nick Tharalson,
> Marion, IA

I grew up in rural Davis County, which is not that far away.  The whole area of southeast IA and northeast MO seems pretty rundown.  Lots of small towns with nothing more than a Casey's and a Dollar General.  Unless you own lots of land or happen to be one of the few with a good paying job, it's hard to make a decent living down there.  I live by Waterloo now, and sometimes I pull a load through the area going to Milan, Missouri.  The state of some of the small towns I go through is shocking.  Many of the houses aren't much better than shacks.  I feel bad for the people in them.

Dylan VanAntwerp
Jesup, IA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/21 08:31 by RI_SD40-2_4790.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0393 seconds