Home Open Account Help 309 users online

Nostalgia & History > LK&W Miltonvale depot photographs

Date: 11/30/21 06:37
LK&W Miltonvale depot photographs
Author: KCRW287

Lance,santafe199, put a couple of LK&W posts on the other day, and some one asked where are the depot photos, so here are a couple of Milotonvale photgraphs. Several of us that are interested in this line followed it all the way in 2 trips, if you think this place called Kansas is flat, this line didn't find very much of it. The B/W are from real photo postcards, the color shot is a dupe slide with no attributes. The first shot is id'ed as a LK&W depot, and in the background are 2 LK&W boxcars, these 2 cars are the only LK&W cars that I have come across, they look like in M-O-W service, any info on these cars would be appreciated, the train at  the depot could be LK&W or UP.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/21 07:18 by KCRW287.

Date: 11/30/21 06:38
Re: LK&W Miltonvale depot photographs
Author: KCRW287

a color photo on site at Miltonvale

Date: 11/30/21 07:15
Author: Bob3985

Great rare photos. 
Thanks for sharing them with us.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 11/30/21 07:18
Author: santafe199

Excellent stuff! In maybe 1979, as a Santa Fe brakeman I rode a couple of hoppers over the same track the LK&W psgr train is on. We were pulling loads from the elevator in the background. I remember my elder braking partner telling me this was "that old UP track". But I thought he was pulling my leg because he knew I was an "FRN"... ;^)

Lance

Added: The SFe depot was the only one still standing during my time with the Santa Fe. And only in the last half-dozen years did I come to know where the old LK&W/UP used to stand...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/21 07:21 by santafe199.

Date: 12/01/21 04:13
Author: sfn2633

Jim and Lance

I love the posts.  I always learn something new about this line from you fellows!

Jeff

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0431 seconds