Home Open Account Help 248 users online

Nostalgia & History > Texas Limited at the ex-MKT Eureka Yard

Date: 05/14/22 13:44
Texas Limited at the ex-MKT Eureka Yard
Author: gcm

June 96
The Houston-Galveston Texas Limited started out leaving from the Amtrak station in downtown Houston - a good place to depart from.
I don't know what the problem was but they moved further west a bit to the ex-Katy Eureka Yd for a station.
This was at the old engine fueling facilities where I took many a picture in the MKT days.
Ex-L&NW/SP F units led the train. After it was discontinued (1994) the units were stored at the Galveston RR Museum where unfortunately they were flooded after Hurricane Ike in 2008 and scrapped a few years later.

Gary

Date: 05/14/22 13:58
Re: Texas Limited at the ex-MKT Eureka Yard
Author: refarkas

Good-looking trains .
Bob

Date: 05/14/22 14:43
Author: Juniata

Gary; thank you for these photos. I believe you posted photos of the Texas Limited engines in a post a few months back which set me to reminiscing at the time.

When my family and I rode the train my recollection was that we departed out of Eureka Yard. These photos confirm my flagging memory! 👍

CW

Posted from iPhone

Date: 05/15/22 04:45
Author: UP951West

These are fine slides of a nice train I rode with a now deceased friend . Thanks for posting them . 

Date: 05/15/22 14:02
Author: texchief1

Nice shots, Gary!

RC Lundgren

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0338 seconds