Home Open Account Help 313 users online

Nostalgia & History > Coal vs Pigs!

Date: 05/17/22 08:49
Coal vs Pigs!
Author: santafe199

Here’s a trader slide from Mr Steve Patterson. I scanned it back in my early days. I just couldn’t seem to delete it, even though it was a dreaded HP scan. As usual, Steve’s composition is impeccable! But the scan was very soft in focus, not to mention flat in color. Even if the day was a bit overcast...

As I’ve shown before with a few Gibson Anscochrome disasters, I’m a sucker for a hard case photo-editing job. I took Steve’s image into Photoshop and gave it a lot of extra TLC. And by gum, I do believe I came out with a decent image! Worthy of a spot here on TO.

1. CSXT 8063 leads loaded coal buckets at Faber(?), KY on November 27, 1988. Someone may need to verify this location. After scanning, I failed to get the slide filed back in its proper Logan box...
Original Kodachrome slide by Steve Patterson.

Thanks for looking back!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

Date: 05/17/22 09:20
Re: Coal vs Pigs!
Author: texchief1

Nice one, Lance!

RC Lundgren

Date: 05/17/22 09:32
Re: Coal vs Pigs!
Author: RailThunder

This would appear to be a meet between R142 the northound "Tote" between Atlanta and Cincinnati back when they operated in daylight through Kentucky.  Sure has changed a lot since then.

Great shot.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0467 seconds