Home Open Account Help 287 users online

Nostalgia & History > SOO @ Heafford Jct WI ... 47 years ago today ... BB was there

Date: 06/23/22 10:08
SOO @ Heafford Jct WI ... 47 years ago today ... BB was there
Author: valmont

Bruce Black shot 6/23/75 @ Heafford Jct WI ... and if you're hungry and thirsty my version of Google Earth shows that 'Billy Bob's Sports Bar and Grill is nearby ; ^ )

Date: 06/23/22 11:17
Re: SOO @ Heafford Jct WI ... 47 years ago today ... BB was there
Author: DSPR3

Nice shot. 

Date: 06/23/22 18:18
Author: Maximus

The large wooden Heafford Junction station sign used to hang over the front entrance on the nearby tavern. The demolition crew tearing done the station gave it to the tavern owner. I was a day late. I wanted to purchase it.

Date: 06/23/22 21:06
Author: ironmtn

You cannot imagine the meaning that this image has for me! About 27 years before Bruce Black made this image, my parents detrained at Heafford Junction on their honeymoon. They had traveled on the Alton out of their hometown of St. Louis to Chicago, then went via the Milwaukee Road (probably on the Tomahawk) out of Chicago to Heafford Junction. There they stayed at the Deer Trail Lodge resort on nearby Lake Nokomis. I've heard stories of that trip many times growing up. And before today I've never seen a color photo of that depot.

Thank you for sharing what is for me a priceless image!

MC

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0325 seconds