Home Open Account Help 336 users online

Nostalgia & History > For You U-boat Fans -- SCL U36Bs

Date: 11/24/22 09:18
For You U-boat Fans -- SCL U36Bs
Author: MartyBernard

These 5 photos of SCL U36Bs were all taken at RF&P's Bryan Park Shops in Richmond, VA in May and June of 1972.  They were buily in 1970 and 1971.

Date: 11/24/22 09:20
Re: For You U-boat Fans -- SCL U36Bs
Author: MartyBernard

These 5 photos of SCL U36Bs were all taken at RF&P's Bryan Park Shops in Richmond, VA in May and June of 1972.  They were buily in 1970 and 1971.

Date: 11/24/22 09:30
Author: ln844south

WE use to get those across NW Florida on run through trains between New Orleans and Jacksonville. Get down to a hard pul, you had to watch them closely or they could turn into "rail grinders". Wheel slip protection did not alwasy work. Nothing lke crawling along on a hill at night and see the ring of fire coming from under one of them.

Steve

Date: 11/24/22 09:38
Author: Notch7

Marty, I appreciate you posting these SCL U36B pics on Thanksgiving Day.  I am thankful for many things.  Every day I am thankful that I began my engine service on the Seaboard Coast Line at Hamlet NC, where they helped me learn my craft in a family atmosphere.

Date: 11/24/22 15:26
Author: ln844south

Second notch7's comment, just a different road. The Louisville and Nashville in Pensacola, Fl. Before all the mergers, and being a small terminal, we were also a big extended family. I was also thankful for this extended family, along with my own, that accepted me as a kid in love with trains, helping me learn the craft when we still had manned depots (my hang out was the L&N depot in Milton,Fl)  and then once I became 21 and draft free, hired me on.
Retired from Engine Service in 2005.

Steve Panzik
Chiloquin, Or

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0653 seconds