Home Open Account Help 302 users online

Nostalgia & History > SP seventies Thanksgiving show . . .

Date: 11/24/22 11:24
SP seventies Thanksgiving show . . .
Author: 3rdswitch

.   .   .   spent Thanksgiving weekend '77 with friends up in Sutherlin, OR, drove into Roseburg on T day to check things out. After waiting a bit north of downtown, SP 9397 finally was able to move up to the SP Roseburg station for a crew change. Salvaged from a very underexposed slide. Happy Thanksgiving all.
JB

Date: 11/24/22 11:54
Re: SP seventies Thanksgiving show . . .
Author: Notch7

Happy Thanksgiving.  You did a great job with your slide.  Looks great.

Date: 11/24/22 11:54
Author: TCnR

Nice catch, nice save.
On my third edition of PSE and I'm finding I can go back to my early scans and get a lot more out of them.
t4p.

Date: 11/24/22 13:26
Author: DynamicBrake

Happy Thanksgiving to you JB!  Nice shot and thanks for the "birthday present."  Seventy-six years young today.

Kent in CArmel Valley

Date: 11/24/22 13:35
Author: Railfan4Christ

Man, that looks cold! Happy Thanksgiving.

Tom

Date: 11/24/22 13:47
Author: SPDRGWfan

thumbs up!

Date: 11/24/22 14:42
Author: texchief1

Nice shot, JB

RC Lundgren

Date: 11/24/22 14:45
Author: Railpax71

I remember that Thanksgiving well.  I started to drive from the Bay area to Seattle, got as far as the Sikiyou summit to be in a traffic jam as all 4 lanes of I5 were blocked by a jack-knifed big rig. A highway patrol let me make a u-turn in the median as it was starting to snow heavily.  I drove down to Dunsmuir and parked in a snowbank, due to the late hour only had a short wait,  and boarded the Coast Starlight for Seattle. Returning the snow had all magically disappeared and I struggled to keep my eyes open on the drive until the sun came up. 

Date: 11/24/22 15:04
Author: MacBeau

Nice work saving that one JB.
—Mac

Date: 11/24/22 20:52
Author: trackplanner

Those searchlight signals were rarities on the Siskiyou Line in those days. They replaced blades at both ends of the yard at some point in time. There was once even a cantilever signal for eastbounds (northbound) near the middle of the yard. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0352 seconds