Home Open Account Help 315 users online

Nostalgia & History > Flare Friday BN

Date: 12/02/22 09:17
Flare Friday BN
Author: photobob

A westbound pops out of the Cascade Tunnel. I forgot what year I took this.

Robert Morris
Dunsmuir, CA
Robert Morris Photography

Date: 12/02/22 09:32
Re: Flare Friday BN
Author: jgilmore

Green flares and forest--excellent!

JG

Date: 12/02/22 09:37
Author: swaool

BN 6460 was originally CB&Q 519, and http://archive.trainpix.com/BN/EMDORIG/SD45/INDEX.HTM has her being retired in February 1984, so the photo date is no later than the summer/fall of 1983.  Very nice!

mike woodruff
spokane

Date: 12/02/22 10:36
Author: TCnR

That was October 1981. I've been digging through some Scenic sub slides and found some groups of slides that I had forgotten about, or simply left for later and others waiting for PhotoShop to catch up. Bob went up to the Tunnel shot while I was at the siding switch for the meet, the road numbers are tough to see but the weathering on the second unit is indicative, I have a photo of this train approaching the switch but haven't posted it, here's the meet at the siding:.

Date: 10/30/20 21:43
Forty Friday, Flare Friday, F45 Friday, BN Stevens Pass

https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?11,5130522,5130522#5130522

+ there's also photos of this train in Skykomish later in the day. At this time Bob was shooting large negatives that don't have the convienence of dated slide mounts, I was using a Nikon with slide film and a processing date.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/22 10:49 by TCnR.

Date: 12/02/22 11:33
Author: photobob

That meet shot is really nice. I can't believe that trip was in 1981. 

Robert Morris
Dunsmuir, CA
Robert Morris Photography

Date: 12/02/22 12:36

Since the slide box is with me today, our PNW trips were April, May and October of 1981, then the Igloo Bar and Canada / Fraser River trip  having process dates of September and October 1982. Not sure if you were on the April '81 trip, that would have been the BN F-units in Auburn for example.

Don't have the last steam heat trip to Reno slides with me, I also have family trips in 1978, my January 1985 trip and a bunch of Eastern Washington / Columbia River trips. After that I started using the 6x4.5 and lost track of dates, those were the Deschutes and SP Cascade trips. The Deschutes trips were 35mm so they should have dates, different Logan box though.

Date: 12/02/22 14:51
Author: TomG

Bob and Clive, you guys have incredible pictures. Would loved to have been there and trek through the woods with you guys.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0423 seconds