Home Open Account Help 309 users online

Nostalgia & History > Changing crews on the Sunset

Date: 01/24/23 11:10
Changing crews on the Sunset
Author: gcm

April 77
Still using SP crews as they make a change on the eastbound Sunset Limited in Houston.
A reworked image.

Gary

Date: 01/24/23 11:21
Re: Changing crews on the Sunset
Author: train1275

Geez, those were the days !
Great image !!

Date: 01/24/23 11:39
Author: refarkas

Wonderful - First-rate human interest photo.
Bob

Date: 01/24/23 12:30
Author: RodneyZona

Nice shot!!  San Antonio TX based passenger train and engine crews worked to and from Houston.  Lafayette, LA  based passenger train and engine crews worked to and from Houston.

Date: 01/24/23 13:01
Author: Roadjob

Many fans I ran into over the years would never shoot a picture like this. Thought it was too mundane. I never did. It was as much a part of railroading as the locomotives themselves. Good job!

Bill Rettberg
Bel Air, MD

Date: 01/24/23 13:23
Author: RetiredHogger

Look at that. Using the "buddy system".  Of course, those vertical steps make it a little more practical. And perhaps necessary.

Date: 01/24/23 14:07
Author: wpdude

BEYOND CLASSIC!!! But as stated, 46 years ago I would not have even thought about shooting that...

Date: 01/24/23 14:39
Author: Hou74-76

Gary caught things I now kick myself at missing.  I don't recognize the crew but I bet those two younger ones had been to Gilley's Club in Pasadena a time or two. It was the hot spot in Houston.  The movie Urban Cowboy was still far off, but there was a lot of western wear by non-uniformed train crew.  There was also a good chance that the engineer could talk to you in a Cajun dialect...I guarantee.  

Date: 01/25/23 01:52
Author: mp51w

Men and grips!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0527 seconds