Home Open Account Help 335 users online

Nostalgia & History > Howard Fogg Post Cards

Date: 07/16/03 11:06
Howard Fogg Post Cards
Author: blackvy

Does anyone know how many and which of Fogg\'s pictures have been reproduced in post card format? I\'ve been watching E-Bay for these so am tuned in there.
Do you know of a dealer who might have some post cards?

Date: 07/16/03 14:01
Re: Howard Fogg Post Cards
Author: cz10

Leanin\' Tree has several greeting cards that reproduce some of Howard Fogg\'s paintings. Howard was a long-time friend of Leanin\' Tree\'s owner. Howard lived very close to Leanin\' Tree in Boulder, Colorado, and a large number of his original paintings are on display in Leanin\' Tree\'s public art gallery.

Date: 07/16/03 23:22
Author: GreenFlag

I have at least two complete sets of postcards that are all Howard Fogg paintings. I will try and post more info on them tomorrow if I get a chance. There are at least 8 or 10 different images.

Date: 07/17/03 06:50
Author: gcalco

I have a set of Monon post cards by Howard Fogg
that were done before the P&LE set. I think he also did some for Rock Island and also the MKT RR.
Jerry

Date: 07/26/03 22:49
Author: rrman6

Never saw his postcards but recall a friend who was a RI depot agent having received a company Christmas card that had a picture by Howard of a snowy scene depicting a RI 5100 series 4-8-4 as it swept through an opening in a tree covered area. I\'ve never seen a picture of this scene since. Does anyone know where this picture might exist??

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0257 seconds