Home Open Account Help 324 users online

Nostalgia & History > How many did SP do up like this?

Date: 05/31/05 19:48
How many did SP do up like this?
Author: photobob

6431 is shown heading up train 620 at Castle Crags back in 1961. The emblem was removed and the front door repainted with SP applied to it.

Date: 05/31/05 20:43
Re: How many did SP do up like this?
Author: bnsfbob

Didn't this start with you removing the SP emblem to hang in your garage? :) Bob

Date: 05/31/05 20:47
Author: espeeboy

I dunno, kinda looks like the nose door was removed from one of the Scarlet and Gray F units at some diesel shop...

Date: 05/31/05 21:49
Author: danf

I would guess that they just replaced the door and it just happened to be missing the medallion. They probably figured that it was easier to just paint the "SP" on the door rather than find another medallion. Notice that the silver paint on the door is fresher than the rest. I would guess that they didn't actively remove medallions until they went in for scarlet and gray paint.

Date: 06/01/05 01:15
Author: JohnSweetser

I photographed Black Widow-painted F3 #6154 at the Bakersfield roundhouse in 1965 with medallion removed and replaced by "SP" in Roman lettering (and there is no sign that the nose door came from another unit.

Date: 06/01/05 09:01
Author: TCnR

Wasn't that the same year that MG replace the chrome bumper with a rubber bumper on just one car?

Date: 06/01/05 14:14
Author: ENGINEER

NO M G IN 1961 HE WAS A CHEV (1951) boy..........WHEN HE COULD GET MONEY FOR GAS!!!!!!!!

RICK DUNSMUIR
LIBBY,MT

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0303 seconds