Home Open Account Help 261 users online

Nostalgia & History > Vintage Railroad Large Prints

Date: 07/24/05 10:55
Vintage Railroad Large Prints
Author: RebStout

Railroad Print #1 – Georgetown Loop – The High Bridge. This is one of the highest bridges on the Colorado & Southern Railway, less than fifty miles from Denver. It describes the arc of a circle and spans the gorge in which flows the waters of Clear Creek. In the distance is the verdure, and snow-clad peaks, and below the bridge is a reservoir and the flume leading there from which carries the waters to Georgetown and the many mines below.

Date: 07/24/05 10:57
Re: Vintage Railroad Large Prints

Railroad Print #2 – Eagle River Canon. Beyond Leadville is the wonderful Canon of the Eagle, with its many mines and its beautiful dashing river. Near Belden station one can see from the car windows the little mining city of Gilman, 2,000 feet above the tracks. It is through this canon that the Denver & Rio Grande Western has recently completed its double tracking, westbound trains taking one side of the river, and eastbound the other.

Date: 07/24/05 10:59

Railroad Print #3 – Summit of Pike’s Peak. Note the calendar from June 1904. Back then they listed the altitude of Pikes Peak at 14,147 feet. Its actual altitude is 14,110 feet.

Date: 07/24/05 11:01

Railroad Print #4 – The Portals. I recognize this location but can’t remember the name. Some help on this one please.

End of Vintage Railroad Large Prints Set
I hope you enjoyed looking at my “treasures!”
Reb Stout
Anaheim, California

Date: 07/24/05 11:38
Author: RuleG

Great stuff!

Where did you find these?

Dave

Date: 07/24/05 12:14

Hi RuleG...
I found these prints in a small antique store in Florence, Colorado. They were mounted on heavy mattboard in stacks of various matted prints. It was a matter of taking the time to go through every one to see if there was anything railroad related. Sometimes you get lucky and find something really cool.
Reb

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0331 seconds