Home Open Account Help 311 users online

Audio Video Sharing Discussion > Cabazon and MOW 'in action'

Date: 04/08/09 14:19
Cabazon and MOW 'in action'
Author: spdaylight

While down in Palm Desert, my wife went to the Cabazon outlet mall which gave me a couple of hours to hang out by the tracks. Caught two EB's while minor MOW work was in progress. The question I have is in the middle scene, is the 'super' on safety watch (requirement?) or just wants to supervise the complex job at hand?
Just asking . . . http://www.trainorders.com//avshare/thumbnails//3103-medium.jpg

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 04/08/09 15:06
Re: Cabazon and MOW 'in action'
Author: mmciau

I think it is an essential requirement that there is a person dedicated to 'watching out' for the safety of the Workers. Workers could be working/operating noisy machinery and they would never hear an approaching train.

Mike

Date: 04/08/09 22:38
Author: gjc

Craig,
Another nice video. Really enjoyed watching it, especially the super wide screen format.
Great work behind the camcorder with your steady pans and zooms. No running across the tracks for OJ in this clip:-) You nailed it. Great job!!!

Date: 04/08/09 22:57
Author: spdaylight

Thanks for the compliments . . . but still not totally there with the zoom . . . its a learning process with the 20x zoom as it really needs getting used to . . have to make sure you don't make any even semi-quick moves as they really become noticeable (as in jerky).

Date: 05/12/09 21:56
Author: spdesertdog

The man watching is just doing that......"Watching"...it's a requirement of company and federal OTS....(On Track Safety)...that a worker has a form of OTS....either T&T...(Track & Time)....TP...(Track Permit)....FT....(Foul Time)....lone worker...or lookout....these are forms of protection...that are meant to keep workers from being struck by passing trains or machinery. In this case a lubricator maintainer is shoveling the overflow grease into buckets while the other worker is supposed to be looking both ways for approach of trains and or machinery.

Date: 05/15/09 16:01
Author: DynamicBrake

Great video, I really like the acoustics, especially the DPU in full dynamics. The sound of the train over the rails reminded me of a high speed racetrack. Thanks for posting.

Kent in Carmel Valley

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0322 seconds