Home Open Account Help 253 users online

Audio Video Sharing Discussion > DC Metro Crash--First on Scene Fire Dept. Video

Date: 06/24/09 14:46
DC Metro Crash--First on Scene Fire Dept. Video
Author: bert14

Just released this Wed. afternoon. Fire Dept. video of rescue ops at the crash site.Shows the true force of impact and some hurt people. I won't sit in the front or rear car ever again. http://www.trainorders.com//avshare/thumbnails//3246-medium.jpg

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 06/24/09 14:51
Re: DC Metro Crash--First on Scene Fire Dept. Video
Author: winchester

The Chatsworth Metrolink crash made me a mid-train passenger, I haven't rode on either end of a train since.

Date: 06/24/09 17:34
Author: Anonymous User

Good video---shows a Multi Casualty Incident Plan in action. Most people don't get to see this type of thing up close.

Date: 06/24/09 17:38
Author: SpeederDriver

My father commuted from Baldwin to Penn Station on the LIRR from the 20s through the late 40s. He always told me to sit in the middle of the middle car. How right he was. Had he still been commuting at the time, he probably would have been on the 6:13 to Babylon and involved in the Richmond Hill accident.

Date: 06/25/09 15:52
Author: hemeeker

All of the attention is concentrated on the stack of steel which was the end product of failures all along the way. The Collision, and that's the correct term, started in the dispatcher's office and continued to the crash site. The question, how did a train get into an occupied block without proper authority. The cause was either operator failure or failure of the signal system, which normally is microscopically rare. It is compicated because the radio and computer systems are supposed to control the signal system. The age of the cars and what they are made out of are immaterial. Two trains collided, and the ages of the equipment and/or the driver are meaningless. The NTSB is so busy trying to reconstruct what was before that they don't even know what to look for. Railroad officials, if they have any, already know the cause.

H.E. Meeker

Date: 06/25/09 20:58
Author: jimatsolana

Late in video is show the car numbers. One is a 5000 series (CAF) and the other is 1000 series (Rohr). The CAF cars are on the order of 8 years old and the Rohr cars 30+years old.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0367 seconds