Home Open Account Help 294 users online

Railfan Gaming > Sad News out from Microsoft

Date: 01/23/09 11:03
Sad News out from Microsoft
Author: msdgbar

Sad news out from Mirosoft today as is that the people from Aces Studios that 5000 employees were layed off and production of the new Train Simulator 2 and the next generation of Flight Simulator have been called off.I don't know if their are any other companies that will take these projaects on.But it looks like the end for Train Sim 2 and Flight Sim.I hope not.Very sad day for people looking forward to the new sim.

Date: 01/23/09 11:35
Re: Sad News out from Microsoft
Author: CPRR

Play Railroad Tycoon....

Date: 01/23/09 13:36
Author: EspeeGoldenState

msdgbar Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sad news out from Mirosoft today as is that the
> people from Aces Studios that 5000 employees were
> layed off and production of the new Train
> Simulator 2 and the next generation of Flight
> Simulator have been called off.I don't know if
> their are any other companies that will take these
> projaects on.But it looks like the end for Train
> Sim 2 and Flight Sim.I hope not.Very sad day for
> people looking forward to the new sim.

Wow, talk about a sweeping generalization of what the news posts say, as I cant find anything that says that either was canceled completely. Even one of the lead designers for TS2 is on this board as well.

http://www.futuregpu.org/2009/01/end-of-era-aces-studio-and-flight-sim.html

"The outlook for Trains2 is very much in doubt."

http://www.appscout.com/2009/01/microsoft_confirms_flight_simu.php

One would think, with as much has already been put into Trains 2 someone would pick up the rest of it.

Date: 01/23/09 15:39
Author: Jaanfo

I'm with Golden State on this one... I doubt they would let something get this far into development and completely mothball it. It's either being put onto a back shelf or they're in talks with other studios about taking over development. This might just be a delay until the economy rises out of the tank (hopefully sooner then later).

I feel sorry for the people involved in the project who have now been laid off and aren't likely to get rehired somewhere else. if he's able to I hope RAS can shed some light on where the next step is.

Date: 12/25/11 07:21
Author: dcfbalcoS1

Remember, the Rock Island was putting in new ties like crazy the day they shut down for good. It CAN happen and even faster these days. Someone makes a decision in a meeting and you or a project are finished. Two things that are certain in todays world of business are that your mid to high level management 'Doesn't know AND doesn't care'. The important thing is to get the corner office way up in the building with the big windows and go home at 3:15.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.087 seconds