Home Open Account Help 214 users online

Railfan Gaming > Freeware Cal-P Update - Important

Date: 03/14/09 00:22
Freeware Cal-P Update - Important
Author: kg6nlw

Freeware Cal-P Update *IMPORTANT*

Much to my regret the Freeware Cal-P has been corrupted to the point where it is unusable.

I am going to re-start from scratch and extend the route but only work in portions over the next few months and see where I go from there. This route will cover the San Francisco Bay Area and most of the Central portion of the Central Valley area. I expect this route to be about as big as 3DTrains Feather River Route, which is 1.3GB.

If there is ANY interest in my continuing of this route, respond here and give a yay/nay attitude towards it. Don't ask when I will have it done, I am going to work on it as much as possible. I am expecting a late 2010 release :)

Restarting the route will more than likely start in South parts of the Niles-Coast and Oakland Subs, reaching North to Roseville.

THE AMTRAK STATIONS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
San Jose - Coast Sub
Fremont - Niles Sub
Oakland Coliseum
Oakland
Emeryville
Richmond
Martinez
Suisun-Fairfield
Davis
Sacramento
Roseville

The route will include these yards and branches:

ON THE COAST SUB:
San Jose Caltrain Yard*1*
Mulford Yard

ON THE NILES SUB:
Niles Canyon Railway (NCRY)*2*

ON THE MARTINEZ SUB:
Oakland Sub Connection
East Oakland Yard
West Oakland Yard
Knight Yard
26th St. Yard
Emeryville Yard
BNSF & BART Yards in Richmond*3*
Richmond Pacific Railroad
Oil Refineries (between Richmond and Martinez there are many switching industries here)
Ozol Yard
Benecia Auto Facility
California Northern Railroad (both sides included from Suisun-Fairfield*4* and Davis)*5*
Mikon Crossover (including the SERA trackage)
SACRAMENTO SP SHOPS (including the California State Railroad Museum)
Sacramento Northern Railroad
CP Haggin - Sacramento Sub (South to Pollock and North to Del Paso)
CP Elvas - Fresno Sub (South to Elk Grove)
CP East Roseville - Valley Sub (North to South Gerber)

*1* San Jose will also include a portion of the Caltrain (JPBX) Line.

*2* NCRY will be modelled in full.

*3* BNSF will be modelled from Richmond to Martinez and BART will be modelled from Richmond to Fremont and out through Oakland and the TransBay Tube.

*4* The CFNR connects to the old NWP at Lombard and the Napa Valley RR at Napa Junction. I will model onto the NWP as far North as Santa Rosa and South as Detour(Corte Madera), and the NVRR for about a mile or two.

*5* The CFNR connecting to the UP runs out to South Gerber where it connects to the Valley Sub on the UP again.

ANY IDEAS/OFFERS/SUGGESTIONS are greatly appreciated! For more info visit http://franksrails.com and click on Microsoft Train Simulator Info for more!

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank Christ
Cloverdale, CA
FranksRails Photography, LLC.

Date: 03/14/09 13:50
Re: Freeware Cal-P Update - Important
Author: nickrgeorge

Sounds great, but I sure hope you are planning to use KRS, not MSTS, which is practically obsolete.

Date: 03/14/09 14:22

Nick,

Thanks for your encouragement!

Much to many people's false ideas MSTS is far from dead! Yes it is going to be MSTS based not KRS. I have not gotten KRS nor do I plan on it for a good long time.

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank Christ
Cloverdale, CA

Date: 03/14/09 15:28
Author: agentatascadero

Frank, As an SP kind of MSTS simmer, this is just about as iconic and important to a RR as any territory. Do you plan to do a certain vintage year, or current configuration? As a serious steamaholic, I am hoping for something before the end of steam. Activities? Certainly Oakland Pier would be included? I'd like to see a payware version of this great terrirory, as I find freeware very difficult and challenging to work with.....this old relic really appreciates the self installing feature. Right now I'm slobbering all over that Oakland Mole arrival/departure board...especially those morning and evening rushes. I wonder if Key Route Ken is a simmer? AA

Stanford White
Carmel Valley, CA

Date: 03/14/09 23:19
Author: schaffner

Wow! That's very ambitious. I'm certainly interested.

Jim Maurer

Date: 03/15/09 00:04

schaffner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow! That's very ambitious. I'm certainly
> interested.
>
> Jim Maurer

Thanks Jim!

A point (or few) that I forgot to put in there was I would also be covering the Warm Springs Sub.

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank Christ
Cloverdale, CA

Date: 03/15/09 12:41
Author: busdriver

Frank,

Sorry to hear you had trouble. I hope you can still pull it off.

Bryce

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1872 seconds