Home Open Account Help 329 users online

Canadian Railroads > CN oil train for St John, NB

Date: 03/29/13 10:50
CN oil train for St John, NB
Author: kgmontreal

CN is attempting to compete with CP/MMA for the movement of Bakken crude to the Irving refinery in St John, NB. So far CN has run only four trains in four months. Here is the fourth this morning leaving Montreal.

KG

Date: 03/29/13 22:06
Re: CN oil train for St John, NB
Author: SOO6617

Irving Oil gets Crude 4 different ways;

By BNSF/CSX to Albany, thence by Barge
By BNSF/CSX/PAS/PAR/NBEC
By CP/MMA/NBEC
And of course by CN.

Date: 03/30/13 04:07

Rather than NBEC I think you mean NB Southern.

KG

Date: 03/30/13 08:43
Author: Lackawanna484

I believe TransCanada pipeline has received approval to convert one of its five eastbound natural gas pipes to oil transfer. The current approval takes it into Ontario. They will likely see the OK to convert an existing line from there into Quebec for oil.

That will short run CN, but actual utilization is about 18 months off

Date: 03/30/13 09:25
Author: gmd1

Add CP from North Dakota to CSX at Chicago for furtherance to the Cibro facility at Albany for barging to St John. CP currently only has access to the Global facility at Albany, the Cibro facility is serviced by CSX.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 03/30/13 09:59
Author: rbx551985

Can anyone post car numbers and placard numbers for these trains? I'm one of those interested in which specific FLEETS OF TANK CARS we can expect to see perhaps "assigned" to Crude Oil service. Thanks.

Date: 03/30/13 15:16

Crude oil is certainly the flavour of the year. Shown here is CP 608 at Delson today with another 118 loads of crude for Albany. Another GEVO was pushing on the rear.

KG

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0285 seconds