Home Open Account Help 336 users online

Canadian Railroads > 2014 Great Smoky Valley Shootout! (reminder)

Date: 09/03/14 12:09
2014 Great Smoky Valley Shootout! (reminder)
Author: santafe199

the Kansas Gang presents:
1st annual
2014 Great Smoky Valley Shootout!

Saturday October 4, 2014
near the ‘Abilene & Smoky Valley’ excursion RR grounds in Abilene, KS

Schedule of Events:
7:00-8:00 AM Optional breakfast/social-hour at the Hitchin Post restaurant in Old Abilene Town. Come join us for breakfast and we can get to know each other! The Hitchin Post opens @ 6:00AM.

8:00-9:00 AM REGISTRATION at the Greyhound Hall of Fame @ 407 S Buckeye Ave: $10.00 per person. All registration fees will help defray room rental and transportation costs. This is a non-profit event. (You can also register late for the “Slide Show Free-For-All” IF we have any time-slots still available)

9:00 AM to 2:00 PM “Slide Show Free-For-All”. We will have PRE-registered 20 minute blocks of time to show personal slides/images. Both Kodak Carousel & digital projection will be available. You need not bring slides or images to attend. We will schedule a lunch break (if needed) around 11:30. If you do plan to show images pre-registering for this event is heavily encouraged! The total number of time slots may be limited to 12.

10:00 AM to 4:00 PM The Abilene & Smoky Valley will offer HOURLY RUNS of ex-AT&SF steam engine 3415: Ticket prices: Adults $15 each, children under 12: $7.50. The train runs out & back (short of Enterprise) every hour, on the hour.
Last run of the 3415 @ 3:00 PM.

4:00 PM to 7:00 PM FREE TIME (slide trading, social & eating time)

7:00 PM to 8:30 PM Feature Presentation:
Mr. Bob Finan from Los Angeles, CA will present:
“Bookends, Bonnets and Blades” (& other selected shorts)

9:00 PM to ??? NIGHT PHOTO SESSION with ex-AT&SF 3415 & ex H&N #4

information about lodging & dining establishments and local RR sights and other attractions will be available
further details about Free-For-All structure also available
(The westbound I-70 exit @ Abilene will be under construction, so directions in from the ‘Jeep Road’ exit will be available)

For pre-registration and any further information contact Bob Helling @ hell2@cox.net
or Lance Garrels @ dj.sirl@yahoo.com

Abilene & Smoky Valley can be contacted on their website @ http://asvrr.org/

UPDATE: We still have a couple of 20” presentation slots open (with a tad bit of flexibility built into the schedule), so if you have a handful of shots you’d like to show please contact us!

Date: 09/04/14 07:58
Re: 2014 Great Smoky Valley Shootout! (reminder)
Author: rob_l

Wrong list, Lance.

Best regards,

Rob L.

Date: 09/04/14 11:35
Re: 2014 Great Smoky Valley Shootout! (reminder)
Author: thehighwayman

rob_l Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wrong list, Lance.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Rob L.

He put it in every list!!!
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I am willing to cut Lance a little slack because of all the fine photos he posts!
Normally I would have shot my mouth off right away.

Will MacKenzie
Dundas, ON

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0412 seconds