Home Open Account Help 282 users online

Canadian Railroads > a few from "ten years ago today"

Date: 04/11/17 03:42
a few from "ten years ago today"
Author: hoggerdoug

April 11, 2007. A few images taken along the way to Greening on the BC Rail Prince George sub.  We were doing a "Greening Turn" that day and had lots of time for photos. First three taken at mile 400.7, station name sign Bellos is behind about the sixth car in the train.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/17 08:08 by hoggerdoug.

Date: 04/11/17 03:45
Re: a few from "ten years ago today"

04  "red switch" and lined in at Greening
05   double exposure, smile I got you too
06   heading in

Date: 04/11/17 03:48

eventually we stored our train in the siding, "changed ends" on the locomotives, following the train we met at Greening and headed south to Quesnel.

Date: 04/11/17 03:49

thanks for looking.   Doug

Date: 04/11/17 06:09
Author: BCR_766

Those BCR SD40-2's were the greatest looking dash-2's out there, especially #766!!! :)  Its a shame they were one of the first units to see the torch once CN took over!!

Date: 04/11/17 09:44
Author: boiler77

Nice set off pic's. Fine to have a little time for taking photograph around the job!
Phil

Date: 04/11/17 12:54

boiler77 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice set off pic's. Fine to have a little time for
> taking photograph around the job!
> Phil

The way CN was running the show, I / we wern't in any hurry to go anywhere !!.   Doug

Date: 04/11/17 15:43
Author: Sasquatch

Thanks for posting your fine shots there, HoggerDoug.  Good job knockin' down so many great shots when the opportunities presented themselves.  Having done my fair share of railfanning BC Rail; I love seeing all this stuff...tThanks for sharing!

-Tom

Date: 04/12/17 09:59
Author: Helo-Mech

Great photos Doug. That's a nice curve (SNS Bellos) to stop and take pictures at. 752 was the only BCR SD40-2 that had that custom built diamond tread battery box step on the Engineer's side of the locomotive. You can just see it in the photos. I still have yet to see a really clear close up picture of this feature. It must have been added shortly after 752 was painted into the scheme seen in your photos. A photo on pg. 313 of John F. garden's BCR book by Len Thompson from September 1988 shows 752 looking like it had left the paint shop recently with the original grate step on the front of the Engineer's side battery box. A photo by Maynard Atkinson on Flickr :  https://www.flickr.com/photos/matrains/10657418756/in/datetaken/ in August 1989 shows it with the modified step. It's stuff like this I fret over when considering what details to include on a model to represent my chosen era correctly.

Mike N.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/17 10:00 by Helo-Mech.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0411 seconds