Home Open Account Help 299 users online

Canadian Railroads > Foggy Photo Friday - CN at Lindbrook, AB

Date: 04/21/17 22:50
Foggy Photo Friday - CN at Lindbrook, AB
Author: feclark

Thursday was supposed to start foggy, which it did, but I went out with the promise of fog dissipating and turning sunny (it tried, but was a bit weak, as the post of the braking car shows). First train of the day was #108, behind 3032 and 2557, passing the signals at the east switch Lindbrook at 0850. Temperature was 0 degrees, I didn't catch the axle count, and the speed was 44 mph. We have had a lot more snow and water this year than last, so the ditch had something and gave me the reflection of the signals.
Fred

Date: 04/22/17 03:41
Re: Foggy Photo Friday - CN at Lindbrook, AB
Author: kgmontreal

Fog in Alberta must be unusual. Isn't the humidity usually too low for fog?

KG

Date: 04/22/17 13:21
Author: sarailfan

Summer fog is rare, but we have times where there's thick fog for a week at a time. Legend has it that rain (or snow) follows 90 days after fog, it seems to work out more often than not.
I've seen fog so thick I could barely see 20 yards in front of the semi truck. When the backs of the mirrors are shedding water like it's raining, it's thick fog!

Posted from Android

Darren Boes
Lethbridge, AB
Southern Alberta Railfan

Date: 04/22/17 14:07
Author: feclark

kgmontreal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fog in Alberta must be unusual. Isn't the
> humidity usually too low for fog?
>
> KG

Well, humidity hasn't been a problem this year! I was back home in Ottawa over Easter, so I missed the 20+ cm of snow we reportedly got that weekend. It melts, and bingo, all the moisture you need. Quite a contrast to the field you'll see in the next post I was going to make anyway, showing a year ago when it was dry as a bone.
Fred

Date: 04/30/17 13:55
Author: ns1000

Nice shot!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0469 seconds