Home Open Account Help 392 users online

Canadian Railroads > CNR 6200 Restoration update

Date: 09/09/17 18:13
CNR 6200 Restoration update
Author: Charls

Hi guys, quick update on my restoration work of CNR 6200 today, started to give the cab her window back, some cosmetic work to be done still, next will be the side cab ones followed by the cab door.
On the front the smokebox inside work to limit rust is done and the door closed back for the next few decades... The whole font will get a new coat of paint in the coming weeks. The headlight support plate was sandblasted and repainted, the casting of a new front rim for the headlight is done, machining is next, and then all back up, she hasn't had a headlight on for 40 years.. I hope to get the font completed by the end of October, fianlly the casting of a new front number plate is almost completed.
Thanks
Charls

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/17 18:14 by Charls.

Date: 09/09/17 19:41
Re: CNR 6200 Restoration update
Author: CPR_4000

You're doing a great job! Good job on the number plate, too. Is that a rubber mold?

Date: 09/09/17 21:26
Author: burlingtonjohn

Amazing! Are you doing this of your own accord or is there a group that is doing this? Please tell us more!

Regards,
Burlington John

Date: 09/10/17 16:34

I am with Bytown Railway Society and we doing this for the Canada Science and Tech museum who owns it and is our landlord , so this is part of keeping our rent to nothing for having us on their property.

Date: 09/10/17 16:36

Yes, rubber mold to do the master sand one from which the metal plate will be casted, The one going on disply will be done in aluminum, no point to temp those needy looter.once painted no visual difference

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0367 seconds