Home Open Account Help 325 users online

Canadian Railroads > F Unit Friday

Date: 09/15/17 03:24
F Unit Friday
Author: algoma11

My daughter Chris and I chased the OSR last week, here are a few shots. 1 & 2 are in Ingersol, 3 is Woodstock on Sept 7,2017.

Mike Bannon
St Catharines, ON

Date: 09/15/17 19:38
Re: F Unit Friday
Author: feclark

Nice shots, Mike. That F sure is crying out for lettering or a logo or something, isn't it? Your second shot made me think, "I've seen that car before!" Not quite, but it's a familiar style. Back on July 24, 2015, a glorious sunny, hot day at Medicine Hat saw this one come off the Taber Sub at Macson at 1711 with 54 cars. Marshalled at the head end were these six Cryo Trans cars, all heavily tagged. The style was so distinctive, I had to look back at the shot and see if one of them was the same car as the one you shot. It's not an exact match, but the third one looks like the same vandal/artist; maybe the other side of the car. As CP doesn't refer to its trains by number, but rather by lead unit, I have no idea what train this was. Does anyone have an idea, and are these cars carrying frozen Taber corn, or potatoes, or what?
Fred

Date: 09/15/17 20:22
Author: algoma11

Theres a cold storage facility in Ingersol where the reefer came from. I heard albeit unproven that they had frozen French fries!

Mike Bannon
St Catharines, ON

Date: 09/15/17 21:38
Author: sarailfan

algoma11 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Theres a cold storage facility in Ingersol where
> the reefer came from. I heard albeit unproven that
> they had frozen French fries!

I see them regularly at both the McCain and Lamb Weston plants along the Taber Sub, so I suspect frozen French fries is a good guess. It's possible that there is some frozen corn shipped east as well, but I know the McCain plant handles potatoes.

Darren Boes
Lethbridge, AB
Southern Alberta Railfan

Date: 09/15/17 22:29
Author: krm152

Good to see an F Unit still actually working in freight service.
ALLEN

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1727 seconds