Home Open Account Help 316 users online

Canadian Railroads > Four F-Units for Friday

Date: 10/20/17 18:37
Four F-Units for Friday
Author: cn6218

Here are a few more images and video from my day long chase of the Canadian Pacific Canada 150 special along the shore of Lake Superior on August 7th, this past summer.

First image is just after the crew change at Schreiber. That's the trailing unit, 4106, that is generating all the smoke.

A little more than an hour later, the special arrived at the famous Little Pic River location. The trees are taller than they were 40 years ago, but it's still an impressive scene.

Another hour later, and the 4 Fs and 17-car train were passing Heron Bay on the Subdivision of the same name. Whatever had been ailing 4106 seems to have settled down.

GTD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/17 18:38 by cn6218.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 10/20/17 19:37
Re: Four F-Units for Friday
Author: BNSF-6432

Pic number two is amazing!

PQM

Date: 10/20/17 21:47
Author: FiveChime

Very nice video! Interesting that a Nathan P3 horn ended up on that Canadian locomotive. Better sounding than the Canadian K3H standard in my opinion.

Regards, Jim Evans

Date: 10/21/17 00:00
Author: krm152

Thanks for posting your most interesting photos and video.
Good to see the CP F-Units running.
ALLEN

Date: 10/21/17 04:11
Author: kgmontreal

The second shot is really fine. It brings back memories of camping at Neys Provincial Park in the 1970's and listening to the M-636 units hauling freight around the cliffs.

KG

Date: 10/21/17 05:51
Author: refarkas

Photo two is magazine centerspread quality.
Bob

Date: 10/21/17 09:47
Author: spdaylight

Great post!!  Between the train and the poles (except for the two stage and display coaches), it could be the early 1950's all over again.

Craig
mcmrailvidoes.com

Date: 10/21/17 18:01
Author: UP951West

Your video is wonderful !! Thanks for sharing.

Date: 10/21/17 19:27
Author: viatrainrider

Camped at Neys Provincial Park in May and watched many freights go up and down the hill. In fact, was cooking breakfast on my outdoor stove one morning and heard a train coming down the hill. Ran to the beach to watch the action. Turned around and saw smoke coming from my fry pan! Good Canadian bacon burnt while my attention was completely focused on the train!!!

Date: 10/21/17 23:02
Author: RailRat

All of it simply outstanding!

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0353 seconds