Home Open Account Help 295 users online

Canadian Railroads > Still looks and feels like winter

Date: 03/18/18 17:20
Still looks and feels like winter
Author: Mberry

After rain and above freezing temperatures for the start of March, it wasn't looking much like winter in Montreal, nor feeling like it, but that changed this week with a decent amount of snow falling this week and well below freezing temperatures (and strong winds) the last few days.

It certainly looks and feels like winter a bit after noon today as leased unit CREX 1510 leads a 184-car CN 368 as it passes under a signal gantry near Dorval Station, with the train crossing from the north track to DX-1 track. Mid-train is CN 2903.

Michael Berry

Date: 03/18/18 22:12
Re: Still looks and feels like winter
Author: moonliter

It was a great day to be out, I love the sun and the longer days. My main reason for today's outing was to pick up the 2018 edition of Trackside Guide. On the way there I stopped in Dwyer Hill, ON, then Merrickville where I bought my CTG. Next on the list was Smiths Falls, ON just to check out if anything other than VIA was operating. The sun was shining in that department also!

P.S. Congrats Michael for all the stunning photos of yours in this year's CTG.

Gerry Gaugl
Ottawa ON

1) VIA No.52 sails through Dwyer Hill, ON. which is Mile 20.8 on VIA's Smith Falls sub. 18/03/18

2) VIA No.645 rolls by the former CPR Smiths Falls station, Mile 123.8 Winchester sub and is about to enter the VIA owned Brockville sub. 18/03/18

3) CPR No.118 departing Smiths Falls after a crew change. In the background CPR 2266 is making up his train before heading east to De Beaujeu, QC.

Date: 03/18/18 22:18
Re: Still looks and feels like winter
Author: moonliter

4) VIA 644 about to connect with CPR's Winchester sub, Smiths Falls, ON. 18/03/18

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0558 seconds