Home Open Account Help 348 users online

Canadian Railroads > and on this day

Date: 03/21/18 03:00
and on this day
Author: hoggerdoug

images from March 21, 2008, perhaps ought to be posted over on the model railroading board. Anyhow, I was asked to take some images of sawmills for a model builder. These images are at Dunkley Lumber, located at mile 413.6 on the BC Rail Prince George subdivision. This mill would be classed as a "super mill" with high volume lumber production and incredibly computerized and automated mill operation.
A very good customer for the railway, quite often loading out 20 center beam flats of lumber daily.
01, storage hopper for truck loading. Used to load railway cars of wood chip, all done by truck now.
02 beehive wood burner, not used very often as a lot of the wood waste is now made into wood pellets for stoves and fireplaces.
03 some of the conveyor system.

Date: 03/21/18 03:02
Re: and on this day

3 more views of a very clean, well drained and maintained mill yard.

Date: 03/21/18 03:03

Date: 03/21/18 03:05

Date: 03/21/18 03:07

Date: 03/21/18 03:08

and the last 3 images. thanks for looking. Doug

Date: 03/21/18 08:18
Author: feclark

Neat stuff; love your 8th [?] shot, showing the power. Great composition and sweet light, and I guess you had something to do with full lights on?
Fred

Date: 03/21/18 17:28
Author: misty1

Great pics of a very well kept mill. They are to be commended. I am glad someone is taking structures besides power. Soon all the structures will disappear but the power will always be there Very nice pictures.

Ed

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0543 seconds