Home Open Account Help 303 users online

Canadian Railroads > Little blue on the Squamish Sub.

Date: 05/24/18 20:50
Little blue on the Squamish Sub.
Author: BCR4619

Every year the West Coast Railway Association hosts Day Out With Thomas as a fundraiser for the Non-Profit Society, this typically happens on our own trackage down beside the CN yard however due to unforeseen circumstances we were not able to use that route this year. This meant for some rare spring-summer moves for us over CN track (105 Territory) in order to provide the required length of ride, of course I would like to give a huge thank you to CN and the Union for making this all possible!

The TGBO gave us authority to anywhere within the yard limits, while the first few runs on Saturday brought us down into the yard by making a reverse movement we elected to try going North from the museum to the Spiral Crossing which would provide better scenery and no swiping moves.

1. I switched out engineer duties for a few trips on Sunday which provided a little camera time, 6520 leads the Thomas train out of the museum just about to cross the mamquam River.

2. View from the CP 4069 looking ahead roughly in the same spot.

3. Crossing the Mamquam

Date: 05/24/18 20:52
Re: Little blue on the Squamish Sub.

4 - 6. Thomas crossing the bridge over the Mamquam River.

Date: 05/24/18 20:54

7. Our engineer grabs a few more points heading back to the WCRA Property.

8. Not something I would have ever thought I would be doing rail fanning the BCR as a kid and to this day, here we see Thomas approaching North Siding Switch Squamish heading back to the Museum.

9. And last but not least, Sundays Crew.

One more weekend left this weekend for DOWT 2018 and looks like were on the CN again, Enjoy everyone!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/18 21:16 by BCR4619.

Date: 05/25/18 06:09
Author: tomstp

What gauge is the steam engine behind the crew in last picture?

Date: 05/27/18 21:49

Standard. PGE #2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0543 seconds