Home Open Account Help 343 users online

Canadian Railroads > The Ocean

Date: 09/12/18 06:42
The Ocean
Author: hogtrain

When is the best time of the year to ride the Ocean RT?  When is the peak season?  Thanks for your help.

Date: 09/13/18 07:37
Re: The Ocean
Author: DrawingroomA

No-one can say when the best time is as there is no "one size fits all" when it comes to what people enjoy about a train trip. For example, if a person likes long hours of daylight then June and July are the best. If someone likes autumn colours then late September to early October is best. If a person likes ice and snow - and enjoys seeing snow piled up higher than the train - then I recommend February. I'm not being facetious; I have friends whose favourite trips are in mid-winter.

I take the Ocean to and from Halifax only once a year, but I have travelled in all seasons. From my observations the peak season runs from mid-June to early October and again for about two weeks over Christmas and New Year's. Outside of peak season, the sleeper loads are usually light between Moncton and Halifax.

Date: 09/13/18 09:16
Author: hogtrain

Thanks for the info.  I haave ridden #2 in late November in the ice and snow.  I was a great trip. I enjoy it more in the off peak season.

Date: 09/16/18 06:16
Author: njfrn

The weeks around the December holidays have typically provided the opportunity to ride an all-Budd consist on select dates. That might be an interesting time to travel. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0295 seconds