Home Open Account Help 228 users online

Canadian Railroads > another early edition "on this day" more video clips

Date: 09/21/18 14:12
another early edition "on this day" more video clips
Author: hoggerdoug

Sept 30, 2008, north bound on the Rocky Mountaineer Fraser Discovery on BC Rail.
This could take time to upload.
video clips
8197,  tunnel at mile 125.6 and the dry slide on the Squamish sub.
8200  Shalalth tunnel, 3800 feet long, exit mile 141 at north portal.
8202  dry slides mile 147.2 and 147.3 Squamish sub

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 09/21/18 14:36
Re: another early edition "on this day" more video clips

video clips
8204 crossing the Fraser River at mile 160.3 Lillooet sub and starting up Kelly Lake Hill  2.2 percent grade
8205 mile 168.3 tunnel Lillooet sub
8208 mile 206 Fiftyone Creek bridge, lots oh's and awes from the passengers. Track speed is 30 mph, we usually slowed to 10 for the guests to get pictures.

Date: 09/21/18 15:03

last 3 for this post, had lots to post, but enough is enough and perhaps I have reached the limit for video clips for this month.  Anyhow, hope you have enjoyed these and I will not be posting again until early October.  thanks for looking.   Doug

8209  between mile 208 & 209 Lillooet sub, romping along at 40mph  Hwy 97 old underpass and new overpass mile 208.9 Lillooet sub
8211 appraoching Lone Butte and the old water tower.
8213 along the shore of lake Lac La Hache and approaching Emerald mile 278 Lillooet sub. Doing a legal 40 per plus. Beautiful scenery and my Conductor and I were wondering what we were going to have for supper, Red Leaf or Gold Leaf meal service.  And I was paid for this ???
Tough job eh !!!!

Date: 09/21/18 17:43
Author: GP30Frank

Doug , how often would someone ( track inspectors ? )  actually go check for falling rock or whatever on this trackage ?   Thank you !

Date: 09/21/18 17:50

Most trains had a hyrail truck track patrol few miles ahead of them. Sometimes there would be not patrol available. Not sure, but I think MoW track inspector examined the track at least once if not twice a week.  Either way, the terrain was difficult and crews had to be vigilant.  Doug

Date: 09/25/18 06:37
Author: dash944cw

Enjoyed the cab ride!
Thanks for the vids.
BTW... I share the concern about the track inspectors vigilance and frequency...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1451 seconds