Home Open Account Help 282 users online

Canadian Railroads > St Catharines Ontario Doings

Date: 11/18/18 09:44
St Catharines Ontario Doings
Author: algoma11

These photos at Merriton ( St Catharines ) the week of Nov 12,2018 Despite horrible weather !

1) CN # 422

2) CN # 422

3) CN # 421 and Trillium Railway Local

Mike Bannon
St Catharines, ON

Date: 11/18/18 16:17
Re: St Catharines Ontario Doings
Author: King_Coal

Good to see you're out and chasing trains.
Tell me about photo 1. Neat to see a train with 89' autoparts cars. Where are they coming from? Someone was lamenting the passing of that type of equipment just the other day on the board.

Date: 11/19/18 03:57

Thats train # 422, its a Buffalo-Mac Yard train. I understand the auto parts cars are for GM Oshawa but someone else might know for sure.
Those slowly becoming ancient 86 ft parts cars are usual on # 422, you see 15-20 on the head end of most 422 trains.
A lot of them show built in the 1968-1972 era so I'm wondering why they are allowed to still run. I believe they originate at Tonawanda on CSX.

Mike Bannon
St Catharines, ON

Date: 11/19/18 19:32
Author: feclark

Neat stuff; good variety of power, and although the weather is horrible, at least you could set up anywhere you liked and not worry about sun angles.
Fred

Date: 11/21/18 16:10
Author: stanhunter

Hi Mike!  I recognize that 421. After it left Merritton, I followed it until it crossed Thorold Townline Rd, between Niagara Falls and Port Robinson.  In the first photo, you can see the observation tower and buildings at Niagara Falls, Ontario.  November 15, 2018.

Nice to still see the BCR units running around, although they're far from home.

Stan Hunyer
Fair Oaks, CA

Date: 11/22/18 03:20

Nice shots Stan-hope you had a good flight home !

Mike Bannon
St Catharines, ON

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0451 seconds