Home Open Account Help 386 users online

Canadian Railroads > Peel Basin

Date: 12/14/18 18:50
Peel Basin
Author: Mberry

Ray Murphy's recent post about changes near the Peel Basin in Montreal prompted me to go back there and I went yesterday morning before work. On the plus side it was a cloudless morning, on the minus side the windchill was about -20 celsius; in fact I missed a shot of one train when my freshly charged battery died...

1-This is looking roughly south, with the CN St-Hyacinthe Sub at right. At left a lot of grading is being done.

2-In a sight I thought I'd never see, trucks are leaving the area with gravel/ballast and exiting via the mostly empty Lachine Canal.

3-Finally we get to some trains, in an odd move VIA 33 backed up to Central Station, with Park Car Tweedsmuir Park at the rear. Normally VIA 33 would go into Central Station engine first (coming from Quebec City) and then back up towards the Victoria Bridge before heading west towards Ottawa.

Michael Berry

Date: 12/14/18 18:51
Re: Peel Basin

4-A going away shot of VIA 909 pushing VIA 33.

5-AMTK 109 pushes five Amfleet Cars towards Central Station in Montreal eighty minutes before the Adirondack is scheduled to depart from there.

6-VIA 63 has unwrapped VIA 6451 and wrapped VIA 6416 as it passes the Peel Basin five minutes after leaving Central Station. Behind the power are four LRC cars, including two that are wrapped.

Date: 12/16/18 09:25
Author: gaspeamtrak

Nice, but does it ever look cold ! Just a question? Wellington tower is still there just not in the picture? I can't believe all the construction going on there!!!??? I remeber back in the early 80's when all the intercity busses usde to be parked around that area. What a change !!!
Thank you for sharing !!! :):):)

Date: 12/16/18 10:15

Yes it is, you can see it at right in photo 3. Buses were still there when I first started visiting around here in 2005. Michael

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.2133 seconds