Home Open Account Help 242 users online

Canadian Railroads > CPR 2816 on the Revelstoke Division

Date: 02/17/19 08:23
CPR 2816 on the Revelstoke Division
Author: illecillewaetrr

Good morning all. 2816 at 3 Mile Crossing just west of Revelstoke. This location is a secondary road leaving the Big Eddy neighbourhood on the west side of the Columbia River at Revelstoke. The date is June 30, 2005. If you go to this location your photo will have 500kv transmission lines spoiling the view. I photo shopped them out.

Date: 02/17/19 09:38
Re: CPR 2816 on the Revelstoke Division
Author: spdaylight

2816 still in mothballs . . anyone know what the future holds for her?

Craig
mcmrailvideos.com

Date: 02/17/19 10:43
Re: CPR 2816 on the Revelstoke Division
Author: illecillewaetrr

In April of 2018 at SuperTrain in Calgary, Rapido Trains organized a tour of the Calgary shop where the locomotive and train are stored. This was done partly as a promotion for their upcoming HO scale model of CP's Royal Hudsons.

My recollection is that, according the the CPR official that was there to answer questions about the 2816 program, the locomotive is due for a 15 year inspection and must have that done before it can run again. However, he also said the locomotive is in good shape and could be steamed up if not for the requirement to perform the inspection prior to operation. All it takes is for someone in CP upper management, the CEO I presume, to give the go-ahead. I've attached a photo I took of it that evening.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0282 seconds