Home Open Account Help 246 users online

Canadian Railroads > Canada Crushed Stone 7

Date: 02/22/19 22:42
Canada Crushed Stone 7
Author: refarkas

Canada Crushed Stone 7 is in Dundas, Ontario on July 3, 1981. By then there were no other traces of the railroad that used to serve the plant.
Bob

Date: 02/22/19 23:24
Re: Canada Crushed Stone 7
Author: krm152

Great Find!  You really had to get off the beaten path to get that one.
Thanks for posting your photo.
ALLEN

Date: 02/23/19 02:31
Author: hoggerdoug

Not wanting to hijack Bob's posting, here is a link to more about Canada Cut & Crushed Stone. I lived in the area and being younger at the time, never really thought about taking any pictures of the railway, figuring it'll "be there forever". Oddly enough there were some well informed railfans living in the area that were not arware of the railway unitl I mentioned it to them. Very obscure and unique operation.
Couple of my images, taken January, 1971 on Harvest Road in Greensville, ON. My Kodak Instamatic not quite up to the task.

https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?15,3906412,3910562#msg-3910562

Doug

Date: 02/23/19 06:23
Author: refarkas

Your Instamatic did a good job for an Instamatic. Remember a railfan photo is often better than a thousand words in explanation or telling about memories.
Bob

Date: 02/23/19 06:59
Author: thehighwayman

It was only four or five years ago that the bridge in Hoggerdoug's shot was removed, along with the abutments.

Will MacKenzie
Dundas, ON

Date: 02/24/19 12:38
Author: gcm

Good job on this rare catch.
Gary

Date: 02/26/19 15:34
Author: feclark

Magnificent obscurities all around, both the original post and the replies (which are not a hijack but an enhancement!).
Fred

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0389 seconds