Home Open Account Help 333 users online

Canadian Railroads > CN Gypsum Train in NS

Date: 03/15/19 17:15
CN Gypsum Train in NS
Author: andrewcastle

For the folks that don't know CN train 511 runs five days a week from Wright's Cove, near Dartmouth NS, to National Gypsum's mine at East Milford and back to Wright's Cove. At Wright's Cove the gypsum is unloaded from the railcars for loading onto ships. To people who live in the area the train is known simply as "the gypsum train".

The train passes through Elmsdale, NS where I have long thought of ways to incorporate CN's bridge over the Nine Mile River into a shot. It's a tricky spot because the bridge is really only accessable from one side and it is backlit all day.

This morning I knew the train was on its way out to the mine and the sky was overcast but bright. I decided why not try a shot at the bridge? I did and I have to say I am pleased with the result.

Thanks for looking.

Andrew C

Date: 03/15/19 17:18
Re: CN Gypsum Train in NS
Author: feclark

And you should be pleased; that's a nice composition. The trestle is interesting, with the asymmetry to the slanted end girders; do that on a model layout and listen to the critics.
Fred

Date: 03/16/19 08:43
Author: boejoe

You lucked out Andrew.  Glad you made the effort and Mother Nature co-operated.

Date: 03/16/19 09:36
Author: PHall

Interesting way to do a skewed bridge.

Date: 03/16/19 13:29
Author: Lackawanna484

Like it, thank you

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0284 seconds