Home Open Account Help 286 users online

Canadian Railroads > "Moonlighters" Canadian arrived in Toronto two hours early.

Date: 03/19/19 09:06
"Moonlighters" Canadian arrived in Toronto two hours early.
Author: DrawingroomA

The arrival of #2 at Toronto Union Station at 12:00 noon today was a record for early arrivals this year. There were two January arrivals that were close to getting this honour: the 5th at 12:03 and the 11th at 12:05.

Date: 03/19/19 09:25
Re: "Moonlighters" Canadian arrived in Toronto two hours early.
Author: joemvcnj

Was freight service adversely affected by running VIA on time on a schedule CN requested ?

Posted from Android

Date: 03/19/19 09:54
Author: inCHI

I don't know much about the schedule but what I learned from watching that trip on the tracking site is that there is a lot of padding. It was 6 hours late before Winnipeg! Making up 8 hours worth of time is incredible... if the schedule has it all built in. But I guess when I see a 32 hour late Canadian I should figure it's more like 40 hours later than it should be.

Date: 03/19/19 12:28
Author: co614

As that old time saying goes....it ain't what you know...it's who you know !!! Just goes to show whatCN can do when they want to!!!

Ross Rowland

Date: 03/19/19 12:30
Author: railsmith

inCHI Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't know much about the schedule but what I
> learned from watching that trip on the tracking
> site is that there is a lot of padding. It was 6
> hours late before Winnipeg! Making up 8 hours
> worth of time is incredible... if the schedule has
> it all built in.

Indeed, the train had regained on-time running by the time it reached Foleyet, some 425 miles west of Toronto. That was at 21:58 Monday.  It also left the final stop, Washago, 31 minutes ahead of schedule to make that noon arrival at Toronto.

Date: 03/21/19 08:18
Author: andersonb109

Just got off No 1, 11.5 late into Vancouver. Most down was 12 at Jasper. There  is lots of padding but CN takes full advantage of what they have been given. Full report once home. 

Date: 03/21/19 16:35
Author: Jimbo

The westbound Moonlighters, 1 of the 19th,  was on time into Winnipeg and is now down about two hours at Rivers, Manitoba.

Date: 03/22/19 09:09
Author: xcnsnake

Looks like VIA 1(19) finds itself trapped east of the derailment at mi 35.8 Wainwright Sub.

"Bustitution" impending?

Date: 03/23/19 06:18

1 (19) shows 10 hours late out of Jasper.  Shows sitting at Saskatoon for almost 5 hours - waiting for derailment to be cleared?

https://reservia.viarail.ca/tsi/GetTrainStatus.aspx?l=en&TsiCCode=VIA&TsiTrainNumber=1-&TrainInstanceDate=2019-03-22

Date: 03/24/19 06:07

1 (19) arrived Vancouver at 03:04 today, 9 hours late.  Hope passengers were allowed to stay on the train for a few more hours.

The link above has the times for the entire trip.

Date: 03/25/19 09:38
Author: Chessie

A friend who did the round trip messaged me at 0558 Pacific time that he had just stepped off the train.  Apparently normal policy for a post-0100 arrival is to allow sleeper passengers to remain until 0600. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0358 seconds