Home Open Account Help 377 users online

Canadian Railroads > Another Missing Budd

Date: 03/19/19 20:30
Another Missing Budd
Author: Blackfoot

Arwye's excellent "Where's Budd?" photo, https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?15,4755899, took me back to the summer of 1979, when I caught a non-Budd version of the same train departing Edmonton.  Forty years taxes the memory, but I'm pretty sure the spur in the foreground led to the Labatt Brewery in the south part of the city.  I was taking pictures of some of the freight cars that were spotted at the brewery when I heard the train blowing for crossings.  Since there wasn't enough time to get to the sunny side of the tracks, I had to settle for the dark side of the train.  The brewery is still there, but everything else has changed so much over the years that Google Maps isn't much help when it comes to identifying the actual location.

Dwayne

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/19 20:31 by Blackfoot.

Date: 03/20/19 01:52
Re: Another Missing Budd
Author: ghCBNS

Blackfoot Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Arwye's excellent "Where's Budd?" photo,
> https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?15
> ,4755899, took me back to the summer of 1979,
> when I caught a non-Budd version of the same
> train departing Edmonton.  

What a great B&W shot!

By the summer of 1979, although it looks CP.....it's a VIA train.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/19 03:28 by ghCBNS.

Date: 03/20/19 05:30
Author: JPB

Aren't there actually two "Budds" in this photo, assuming these are ex-CP cars? Just not the self-propelled variety...

Date: 03/20/19 06:45
Author: Blackfoot

Two good points...  It was a VIA train, and yes, I was thinking of the RDC variety.

Dwayne

Date: 03/20/19 10:27
Author: BCR_766

Excellent shot no matter where the sun is...... this scene wont be replicated ever, so its priceless!! Need more! Looking at Google maps you can see the spur right a way, the trees are angled and there is evidence within the pavement.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/19 12:11 by BCR_766.

Date: 03/20/19 14:59
Author: feclark

It may be wrong-side light, but the lit nose is strong, and you weren't forced tight to the tracks by the trees; this is a better composition. Really nice.
Fred

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0388 seconds