Home Open Account Help 376 users online

Canadian Railroads > pause at Onward

Date: 04/11/19 02:23
pause at Onward
Author: hoggerdoug

April 11, 2005, train 471 stopped at the north end of Onward siding on the former BC Rail  Lillooet sub. A seven unit consist power move. CN decided to run one monster train per day south bound over portions of BC Rail from Prince George to North Vancouver and needed 3 units leading and a 3 unit DPU consist mid-train. So with that happening the opposite train north bound would generally have 6 units on the headend for the next south bound train. In these images, the lead three units would be working and the trailing units isolated / idling. Sure had a lot of motive power tied up for one train per day.

Date: 04/11/19 02:26
Re: pause at Onward

UP 2638 was the second unit. Not sure what it was doing so far from home, perhaps working off some "mileage or horsepower" time owed.
thanks for looking.
Doug

Date: 04/11/19 17:05
Author: loleta

Onward is such a beautiful spot--with a great name. The big yellow farm house down the hill from the tracks was for sale a decade ago, and I had fantasies of buying it. But I don't have a career that would transfer very well to Williams Lake, and my kids would hate it.

- L.F.

Date: 04/12/19 06:55

Yes, it was a scenic trip both ways along the valley and San Jose creek.
Doug

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0416 seconds