Home Open Account Help 286 users online

Canadian Railroads > MLW Monday

Date: 05/13/19 09:51
MLW Monday
Author: moonliter

Again today's edition of MLW Monday is from the Toronto area.

PHOTO 1:
I was going post a photo of a CP Rail yard job taken from Bathurst Street bridge but I used it in hoggerdoug's Cabin D post of last week.  Luckily, on the east side of the bridge also featured a MLW switcher working the coach yard.  Here we see 8518 a S-13 (MLW 1957) switching what looks like a southwestern Ontario train with some interesting cars in its consist.  Toronto, ON November 11, 1980

PHOTO 2:
Saved from the scrapper or so I thought when I took my of CN S-2 7988 (MLW 1949).  This engine was part of the CRHA Toronto & York Division collection and did end up being scrapped.  Not being from Toronto I do not know the complete story of what happened but I remember seeing the equipment spread all over the downtown area after the museum was dismantled.  Toronto ON, November 11, 1980

PHOTO 3:
CN 3154 RS-18M.  These locomotives never went to VIA so they would be seen on other trains such as this GO train laying over in Bradford, ON.  As a result of the November 1981 VIA cuts service from Barrie, ON to Toronto ended.   September 7, 1982 to service was restarted from Bradford to Toronto as part of Ontario's GO Transit system.  Bradford, ON September 19, 1982

Gerry Gaugl
Ottawa ON

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/19 09:53 by moonliter.

Date: 05/13/19 10:25
Re: MLW Monday
Author: hoggerdoug

Nice images. I think image 1 shows Cabin C, the two story tower, at least I think that was Cabin C.
Doug

Date: 05/13/19 22:16
Author: TCnR

That CN tower seems to get bigger everytime I see a photo of it. Only made it to Toronto once and was too busy watching the road.

Date: 05/14/19 03:22
Author: moonliter

TCnR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That CN tower seems to get bigger everytime I see
> a photo of it. 

LOL...the CN Tower only looks bigger because Toronto was a lot smaller back then.

Gerry Gaugl
Ottawa ON

Date: 05/16/19 13:59
Author: feclark

Your usual interesting assortment, Gerry, and nicely shot. I have always loved the Tempo scheme.
Fred

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0335 seconds