Home Open Account Help 323 users online

Canadian Railroads > MLW Monday

Date: 05/20/19 02:02
MLW Monday
Author: hoggerdoug

A couple of prints I found in a box of stuff.  PGE 628 & 576 at Chetwynd BC. I'll date this image late September  early October 1973. This train could possibly be the Dawson Creek Switcher or the Fort Saint John Turn.  Slide film was not readily available when I was working in Chetwynd and a lot of my photos were taken with print film instead of slides. Hopefully I'll locate the negatives for these and other pictures I have.

The image posted was a scan of a 3-1/2 X 5 inch print. The print has a matte finish and appears as a blemish on the scan image. Any suggestions of what scan corrections can be done to eliminate the matte blemish.

Doug

Date: 05/20/19 08:13
Re: MLW Monday
Author: M-420

Good stuff. 
The RS-18's looked great with the big plows on them.
By the 80's most of them had last their plaws.
I think that I only ever saw one set up that way.

Brian E

Date: 05/20/19 15:43
Author: feclark

Finding the negs (good luck!) is of course the best bet. Nice post regardless. It's neat how often you notice something you've never seen before, like the grab iron on the roof above the headlight. Something for Jon Voigt to hang on to?
Fred

Date: 05/21/19 08:53
Author: hoggerdoug

I seem to recall 628, 629 & 630 were tailend of an order for another railroad. I might be wrong.
Also checking another website  http://www.cnrphotos.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=49358&g2_page=2
there are pictures of 629 with no plow taken 1970 and later with a plow pilot image taken 1977 Gets confusing.
Doug

M-420 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good stuff. 
> The RS-18's looked great with the big plows on
> them.
> By the 80's most of them had last their plaws.
> I think that I only ever saw one set up that
> way.
>
> Brian E

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0389 seconds