Home Open Account Help 364 users online

Canadian Railroads > #1/#2 Canadian routing in/out of Toronto?

Date: 06/03/19 06:46
#1/#2 Canadian routing in/out of Toronto?
Author: DJ-12

Another Toronto passenger train question: Which way does #1/#2 take into and out of Union Station in Toronto? It looks like the route along the Don River Parkway is most direct, but I don't want to simply assume...also, any sense for how long the train typically dwells at the station before it moves to the coach yard at Mimico?

thanks!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/19 06:57 by DJ-12.

Date: 06/03/19 07:58
Re: #1/#2 Canadian routing in/out of Toronto?
Author: ghCBNS

The Canadian loops through Toronto. It comes down the Bala Subdivision.....then departs up the Newmarket Sub to Snider, east on the York Sub to Doncaster where it regains the Bala......then heads north (westbound)

I prepared this sketch several years ago so a couple of the notes are a bit out of date.

Date: 06/03/19 20:25
Author: DJ-12

That was quite helpful. Thank you!

Posted from iPhone

Date: 06/04/19 03:12
Author: andersonb109

But in former times the train headed east out of Union Station and wyed at Doncaster. Then headed west to Snider and up the Newmarket Sub. So why the change? I realize at the time it was mostly on the CP but didn't join the CP until farther north out of Toronto. 

Date: 06/04/19 05:19
Author: ghCBNS

That was a long time ago. This routing (above) has been in effect for over 20 years.

The Newmarket Sub is now abandoned from Barrie (GO Allandale Waterfront) to south of Washago.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.051 seconds