Home Open Account Help 320 users online

Canadian Railroads > Freight Car Friday - CN Livery and Eco-Friendly Containers

Date: 06/14/19 19:35
Freight Car Friday - CN Livery and Eco-Friendly Containers
Author: feclark

The first pair of photos are of a relatively new CN livery, highlighting the three modes of transport. In my mind I'm sure someone posted up some photos of these quite a while ago, but my search using "CN containers new paint" and variations turned up nothing. So my apologies in advance (maybe GTD shot in Halifax?). These were shot May 20 of this year, testing out my new lens, an 18-140 Nikkor. I was pleased with how it handled, for sure.
1. CNRU 287785, 53' long and excess height, XHC, at 9'6.5", on CN Q117 at 1023, rolling through Bretville Jct. This would be the right front 3/4 view, I guess you'd call it.
2. CNRU 287931, same thing, refrigerated or whatever exactly the official status is, from the diagonally-opposite corner. The livery is skewed so the bold graphic is at the leading (non-door) end. Same train; I'm guessing it has only six digits and no seventh check digit because it's domestic use only? Comments from the knowledgeable are welcome.
The next four photos show subtle variations on what I find an interesting container type, all CMA CGM containers that are advertised as Eco-Friendly, mostly on account of bamboo flooring. I'm not sure what makes that eco-friendly, and why other materials (wood?) are not.
3. Same day and location, CMAU 401575 0, the notice of it's status in an eye-catching green; riding DTTX 73025C in Q180 at 1151.

Date: 06/14/19 19:45
Re: Freight Car Friday - CN Livery and Eco-Friendly Containers
Author: feclark

4. CMAU 499829 4, this time bragging in white letters, no border, and adding "light steel" to its credentials; all lettering the same font. Same train as the previous CMA CGM container, on DTTX 73025D.
5. CMAU 760561-5, no mention of steel, white lettering, different fonts and no surrounding border, on DTTX 73025E.
6. From July 16, 2018, just east of Tofield, this is also CMA CGM, but reporting marks are TCLU, number 151173 9. The eco-friendly boast has different fonts, white, with border. The train is Q118 at 1723, and the well car is BNSF 239219A.
A simple way to add variety to a layout, with no containers exactly the same in terms of look.
Fred

Date: 06/17/19 07:30
Author: inCHI

Neat post. I'm modeling a CN intermodal train and this kind of info is helpful. I'm focusing on international containers because there still is a truly wide variety of colors and marks - seems like a train can have 50 or more.

Date: 06/20/19 16:14
Author: MEKoch

Gee, with bamboo flooring and light steel, they are ready for conversion to an apartment.........

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0515 seconds