Home Open Account Help 382 users online

Canadian Railroads > Beamer Junction Alberta, where the SD's roam free

Date: 07/03/19 11:18
Beamer Junction Alberta, where the SD's roam free
Author: tsokolan

Beamer Junction is located on CN's Vegreville Subdivision, north east of Edmonton Alberta. At the junction, the 6 mile long Beamer Industrial Spur takes off from the main line to serve a terminal and a fertilizer plant. CN built Scotford Yard east of Beamer Junction, and a small fleet of SD40-2 models are assigned to the yard to work the various industrial jobs in the area. Here's a few shots from the area around the Junction.

#1 A pair of SD40-2W's lead train L512 across the North Saskatchewan River on December 18 2018. The train will head up the Beamer Industrial Spur after passing the photographer's location

#2 Just east of Beamer Junction is a large oil loading facility operated by Plains Midstream. On a cloudy summer afternoon the L512 passes the 603 switcher working the Plains facility. 

#3 The L522 transfer from Edmonton steps onto the bridge at Beamer Junction with a trio of SD40-2W's in the lead. June 28 2019

-Trevor

Date: 07/03/19 15:58
Re: Beamer Junction Alberta, where the SD's roam free
Author: feclark

Fascinating post, Trevor, and good use of the drone, I see. Many years ago (K64 was still around, so in my case, before 2010) I went up to this area several times, and was rewarded with neat shots. I need to get back here.
Fred

Date: 07/03/19 17:11
Author: Locotrol2

Keep coming up the Beamer Spur and you'll see some black beauties switching Pembina.

Posted from Android

Date: 07/03/19 17:52

Locotrol2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Keep coming up the Beamer Spur and you'll see some
> black beauties switching Pembina.
>
> Posted from Android

Yeah I heard there's change a foot on the Beamer! Railserve has sent a couple of their units out already, Cando will be pretty busy in the area with service on the Beamer and soon to be at Shell from what I hear

-Trevor

Date: 07/03/19 21:13
Author: Train611

Image # 3...excellent!

Date: 07/04/19 10:36
Author: telegraphboy

In pic 3,  what's in those hoppers?   sulphur, frac sand,  whaat??
             Sidboy

Date: 07/04/19 16:50
Author: ns1000

Train611 Wrote:
> Image # 3...excellent!
>
> 611

+1..!!   Nice shots!!

Date: 07/04/19 19:37

telegraphboy Wrote:
> In pic 3,  what's in those hoppers?   sulphur,
> frac sand,  whaat??
>             

The hoppers are empty sulphur cars, which will be loaded at a facility to the east of the shot location.

Trevor

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0478 seconds