Home Open Account Help 294 users online

Canadian Railroads > CNR 6200 update

Date: 07/07/19 07:08
CNR 6200 update
Author: Charls

Hi all, well with the nicer weather yet high humidity, I picked up the work on my 6200 lady. Not a big piece but nonetheless a nice addition for the summer months is the cab awnings I installed yesterday,thank you for Ross and Bob for fabricating me new ones, We will take them down during the winter months so the canvas last many years, With the museum conservation building construction and moving of artifacts, I wont be able to get more pieces to add for a while that were still in storage, nonetheless work will continue on a lighting system and I securedĀ  a CNR whistle and a bell that will go up in the next couple of weeks/months. will keep you posted as I go along
Charls

Date: 07/08/19 06:53
Re: CNR 6200 update
Author: tomstp

Are you going to paint the rods silver?

Date: 07/08/19 12:25
Author: feclark

Sparking work and a labour of love; they need to put a big clear plastic dome over this to protect it (kidding).
Fred

Date: 07/08/19 14:10
Author: Charls

The rod will be kept as polish metal as theyv areĀ  but coated with a clear polyurethane to keep them look good and protect from the elements
C

Date: 07/08/19 16:48
Author: 4489

Merci bien Charls!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0377 seconds