Home Open Account Help 339 users online

Canadian Railroads > CP selling 51 car work train, minus the train

Date: 08/02/19 10:45
CP selling 51 car work train, minus the train
Author: Marcus

CP has offered surplus 51 Maintenance of Way boarding cars located at Cartier, Ontario.

"Boarding Trailers are on track but have plain bearings cars so will not be moved on-track.
Successful bidder will be expected to disconnect, lift off with crane and transport trailers off of CP Property in Cartier ON."

Do CN or CP still operate any boarding trains in the Northern Ontario wilderness ?

https://www8.cpr.ca/snpevweb/snp/Pages/ViewTender.aspx?tender=5707

Date: 08/02/19 14:07
Re: CP selling 51 car work train, minus the train
Author: CA_Sou_MA_Agent

I wonder if these bunk modules have been replaced with newer ones or if CP is going to be like a lot of other roads and keep everyone in hotels and motels?  I think NS is one of the few Class Ones still using bunk cars like these.  

Date: 08/05/19 15:13
Author: eminence_grise

From the combined regional steel gang, custom built camp trailers. Built to fit on older flat cars, hence the friction bearings. I'm guessing they saw at least twenty years service, and were palaces compared to what they replaced. As the gangs become more mechanized, far fewer employees were needed. 

Date: 08/05/19 15:53
Author: PHall

Wonder what 102 50 ton roller bearing trucks cost? And is there any "trade-in" value left on the old solid bearing trucks?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0466 seconds