Home Open Account Help 266 users online

Canadian Railroads > Two Out of Three...

Date: 08/31/19 17:52
Two Out of Three...
Author: cn6218

ain't bad, but I'd like to get three out of three, just once! (Sun on the nose, sun on the side, and calm water for a nice reflection)

I've made a few trips to Rocky Lake this summer to shoot the morning eastbound intermodal train, 120, coming into Halifax.  Near mile 14 is a nice little causeway crossing Rocky Lake.  It requires a short walk through the woods to get there, but there is easy parking, and it seems to have some potential.  However, timing is critical.  Too early, and the nose is not fully lit; too late, and the side of the train is dark.  The pole line also presents a bit of a challenge.  Late in the year, when the sun is low, there are wire shadows on the nose of the lead locomotive, and in mid summer, the trucks are shaded.

The second example here, at about 10:00 has the best lighting, but on that particular day, there was too much wind for a good reflection in the water, and I framed it too high anyway.

Oh well, there's always next year.

GTD

Date: 09/01/19 03:28
Re: Two Out of Three...
Author: gcm

I like the location and shots.
The old code line is just hanging in there.
Gary

Date: 09/01/19 16:31
Re: Two Out of Three...
Author: SD45X

Sweet!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0422 seconds