Home Open Account Help 352 users online

Canadian Railroads > MLW Monday

Date: 09/02/19 03:27
MLW Monday
Author: hoggerdoug

Couple of images of BCOL 617 taken March 1985. I recall the 617 was sporting fresh paint and I took the opportunity for a couple of pictures as we running north from Williams Lake to Prince George BC on the "WP" switcher job.

First image is a few miles south of Mackin siding.

Second image is at Greening as we did some switching in the back track. The fellow standing to the front of the unit is Merv Peever and he received some awards and article in Reader's Digest magazine for his act of bravery saving a young girl from being struck by a train. https://www.gg.ca/en/honours/recipients/121-54551 

These images might be reposts, somewhat improved.
Doug

Date: 09/02/19 09:21
Re: MLW Monday
Author: TCnR

Purty...
These are big in the modeling groups right now. Apparently the shells are being '3d printed'. Howz that for time marches on?

Date: 09/02/19 14:57
Author: feclark

Nice shots of a clean machine, and I must say, you did a good scan of the second shot, working with that dark sludge that would be lost in the slide. Tough angle to shoot. Quite the change in conditions, too, with all that snow.
Fred

Date: 09/02/19 16:22
Author: hoggerdoug

Not ideal light conditions for either image. Second image was at Greening and it is quite a snow belt area.
Doug
feclark Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice shots of a clean machine, and I must say, you
> did a good scan of the second shot, working with
> that dark sludge that would be lost in the slide.
> Tough angle to shoot. Quite the change in
> conditions, too, with all that snow.
> Fred

Date: 09/02/19 20:15
Author: M-420

I believe that 617 was the last locomotive painted in the green before the switch to the Red, White and Blue.

Brian E

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0323 seconds