Home Open Account Help 161 users online

Canadian Railroads > Last Run

Date: 09/02/19 14:55
Last Run
Author: Blackfoot

Today was the final day of service for the TTC's articulated ALRV streetcars.  This is #4204, eastbound at Queen & Church, the last ALRV to roll down Queen Street on the 501 route.

Dwayne

Date: 09/02/19 15:03
Re: Last Run
Author: feclark

Terrific, razor-sharp, beautifully-saturated image. Nice.
Fred

Date: 09/02/19 15:34
Author: refarkas

Great in-use photo. How sad they are being retired. I hope several will be preserved.
Bob

Date: 09/02/19 15:59
Author: Blackfoot

refarkas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great in-use photo. How sad they are being
> retired. I hope several will be preserved.
> Bob

From what I know, #4204 and #4207 are the last two ALRV's still running.  Looks like TTC plans on preserving one and using the other for parts.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ttc-bendy-streetcars-articulated-light-rail-vehicles-end-of-line-labour-day-1.5267535

Dwayne

Date: 09/02/19 16:49
Author: SP4360

What is replacing them, or is the line shutting down?

Date: 09/02/19 20:14
Author: 4489

SP4360 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What is replacing them, or is the line shutting
> down?

Open the CBC article above.  Your answer is there.

Date: 09/03/19 04:47
Author: DrawingroomA

The free rides were so popular many people, including my son who went downtown for this, could not get on. In one photo I have seen, people were crammed so tight on the steps I'm surprised the operator was able to close the doors. The TTC operated a non-articulated car behind at least one of the two. That offered free rides as well and gave some people an opportunity to get off and get photos at interesting locations, such as Queen and Bathurst Streets.

Date: 09/03/19 05:57
Author: joemvcnj

So how is TTC coming along with their troublesome Bombardier Flexity vehicles  ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/19 07:05 by joemvcnj.

Date: 09/03/19 20:25
Author: tq-07fan

Nice picture, thank you for posting. It is hard to believe that the ALRV era is over and the CLRV era is nearly complete. 

Jim 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0275 seconds