Home Open Account Help 317 users online

Canadian Railroads > Freight Car Friday - Agriculture Census 2001 Covered Hoppers

Date: 09/20/19 22:58
Freight Car Friday - Agriculture Census 2001 Covered Hoppers
Author: feclark

Earlier this year I shot a Dow covered hopper still sporting the remnants of the Canadian Agriculture Census 2001 logo. This appeared on a handful (anybody know how many?) of Dow's plastics covered hoppers back in that year. This got me digging back through the Logan file, and to find one from the following year, still nice and fresh.
1. This shot of DCLX 7366 was taken at CN's Scotford yard on August 21, 2002, still looking good. I often wondered, did they think that someone stopped at a grade crossing would see this thing flash by and think, "You know, I really should fill the forms out"? Anyway, it made a nice change from plain grey.
2. Move ahead to June 19, 2019, and DCLX 8079, logos almost gone but the green lettering hanging in pretty nicely, comes up to Bretville Junction in Edmonton, part of #313 at 1111.
I scanned the slide, trying to beat midnight, and when I logged in, there's the Sclair covered hopper post. Must be covered hopper day.
Fred

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/19 23:07 by feclark.

Date: 09/21/19 11:39
Re: Freight Car Friday - Agriculture Census 2001 Covered Hoppers
Author: Fortyfooter

Those are super cool! I like the colors! Thanks for sharing these photos

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0359 seconds