Home Open Account Help 265 users online

Canadian Railroads > Big Alcos Meet At Kelly Lake BC, on BC Rail, August, 1987

Date: 09/21/19 08:08
Big Alcos Meet At Kelly Lake BC, on BC Rail, August, 1987
Author: FiveChime

Mention of Campbell Pass the other day reminded me of the good times I had in British Columbia every August during
my 1980's visits. Some kind of adventure involving engineer Rik Campbell was usually a part of this.

Here is a meet between Alco powered BC Rail freights at Kelly Lake in August, 1987.

Regards, Jim Evans

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 09/21/19 08:26
Re: Big Alcos Meet At Kelly Lake BC, on BC Rail, August, 1987
Author: inyosub

Awesome Alcos!

Date: 09/21/19 09:03
Author: M-420

What a nice surprise this morning. 704 my favorite all time BCR locomotive on the point!
704 was I believe, the last C-630(M) manufactured before MLW switched over to the "M-Line"..

I see 719 there also. She had the distinction of being the last green M-630 in operation on the railway, being one of eight locomotives retained for a time after the arrival of the GE's. 

Very good stuff.. Thanks for sharing this, Jim.

Brian E 

Date: 09/21/19 10:34
Author: ALcocentury

Awesome Video!! Thanks for posting it, Loved it.

REK, in PA.

Date: 09/21/19 11:10
Author: hoggerdoug

Great video. Judging by the sunlight angle Mid to late afternoon ??, the north bound train would have most likely be the VC symbol and the south train likely the OV symbol running as a late #22 or early 24.
Doug.

Date: 09/21/19 14:56
Author: sums007

Check out the stop sign at 00:54!

Date: 09/24/19 11:52
Author: BoostedFridge

What was the procedure for lining the switch for the siding for the oncoming train?  Head end crew of the first train there lines it for the oncoming train?

Date: 09/24/19 15:15
Author: hoggerdoug

The train on the main would line the opposing train into the siding,  although the train taking the siding would approach prepared to stop and line themselves into the siding.
This was train order territory ( dark territory) and then was eventually operated with OCS (Occupancy Control System) or known as manual block.
Doug

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0395 seconds