Home Open Account Help 227 users online

Canadian Railroads > TH&B Tuesday my contribution

Date: 11/05/19 08:36
TH&B Tuesday my contribution
Author: briancdn

A freight arrives in the yard in Hamilton in Oct 1977 behind a trio of venerable geeps. Looks like a CP RS-3 trailing, but don't remember All of TH&B's remaining geeps (one was wrecked) would end up going through CP's rebuild program and emerge as GP9u's or GP7u's

And a pair of geeps waiting their next assignment

I don't know what train this was.

Brian N.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/19 08:55 by briancdn.

Date: 11/05/19 09:14
Re: TH&B Tuesday my contribution
Author: hoggerdoug

First image would most likely be the "Starlight" arriving from CP Rail Agincourt Yard via Bayview Junction.  The CP Rail crew would take a train from TH&B Aberdeen back to Toronto.
Doug

Date: 11/05/19 18:35
Author: ironmtn

Beautiful low autumn light, really makes that classic paint scheme look good, even when a bit shopworn. I really enjoy images like these, and the fact that they're TH&B makes them all the better. Thanks for posting them.

Date: 11/05/19 20:59
Author: PHall

From the open doors it appears that 74 gave them a bit of trouble on that run.

Date: 11/08/19 15:57
Author: feclark

On #74, is that a big single-trumpet horn just ahead of the open doors? I don't think I'd ever noticed that before, and I see #76 doesn't have it. Anybody know the story?
Fred

Date: 11/09/19 05:49
Author: briancdn

feclark Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> On #74, is that a big single-trumpet horn just
> ahead of the open doors? I don't think I'd ever
> noticed that before, and I see #76 doesn't have
> it. Anybody know the story?
> Fred

The GP7's were delivered with a hood mounted horn on each side; replaced by the more common 3 chime horn on the roof. I guess they just didn't bother removing the original horn on #74. I would imagine it wasn't functional at this point. 

Brian N.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0318 seconds