Home Open Account Help 335 users online

Canadian Railroads > VIA Rail and the O-Train

Date: 11/08/19 04:03
VIA Rail and the O-Train
Author: ghCBNS

Ottawa’s new O-Train LRT 'Tremblay Station’ is located adjacent to the VIA Rail Station and provides easy connections to and from VIA:

Date: 11/08/19 04:04
Re: VIA Rail and the O-Train

>

Date: 11/08/19 04:06

>>

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/19 04:07 by ghCBNS.

Date: 11/08/19 04:08

>>>

Date: 11/08/19 04:09

The original right-of-way for the road network of the bus only ‘Transitway’ passing in front of the VIA Station was converted over to the new Light Rail system

Date: 11/08/19 05:32
Author: 4489

Neat system, when it works that is!!!!!

Date: 11/08/19 07:17

4489 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Neat system, when it works that is!!!!!

Train worked fine the day I rode. Problem was at Hurdman Station trying to connect to the Bus on the Transitway to the Airport: O-Trains arriving every 5 minutes dumping passengers with not enough bus capacity to carry them onward.

Date: 11/09/19 02:58
Author: JPB

Date: 11/12/19 14:44
Author: DrawingroomA

About three weeks ago I rode the entrie line after arriving at the VIA station from Toronto. My destination was Rideau station, about 10 minutes from Tremblay. By coincidence it was a Wednesday, a free day for seniors with a Presto card. Sundays are also free for seniors.  The fare gates are activated by a Presto card, so it appears seniors without one don't get a free ride on the trains. Buses are free to seniors; no Presto card is required.

My only quibble is that there is no covering for the short pedestrian route from the VIA station to Tremblay station. The route to the Bus Transitway was covered all the way. I noticed there was a covering for part of the route to the car park from Tremblay station. We did have umbrellas, though.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0602 seconds